Driving a car in another country can be a challenge! Here at Auto Europe we want to assist you in any way we can so that your car hire holiday is a pleasurable experience!
Here are a few points to help you on your way with holiday in Portugal:
- Minium age to drive a car in Portugal is 21 years.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Speed limits in Portugal are as follows: City – 35mph/56kph, Open Roads – 55mph/88kph, Highways – 75mph/120kph.
- Petrol stations are open from 7.00am to 10.00pm and many stations located on the highway are open 24 hours.
- Child seats are mandatory for children up to age 4.
- ‘Blue zone’ parking exists in many Portuguese towns. You can obtain a cardboard disc, free of charge, from either the police or local motor club offices. Central Lisbon offers very little on-street parking.
We hope that these tips help you have a safe car hire holiday!
– Have you driven in Portugal, what did you think of the road rules? –