Being a broker Auto Europe can give you the best deals because we negotiate discounts and special rates with local suppliers as well as the bigger brands such as Avis and Europcar.
We want you to have a trouble free experience hiring a car with us so we have put together some things you need to consider when hiring a car:
How many passengers?
7 seater cars are rarely big enough for 7 people plus luggage so if there are 7 people travelling you would be best advised to hire two cars. Some Mini or Economy cars, whilst having 4 seats are not really comfortable for 4 adults if travelling long distances.
Where am I going?
If you are going to a place that will be hot during your visit you should consider hiring a car with air conditioning to make travelling more comfortable, especially if you are taking children.
2 door or 4 door?
If you have children you will be better off with a 4 door car, especially if you need car seats. Also if any of your party are disabled or have difficulty getting in and out of a car 4 door would suit your needs better.
Be sure to order these when you book your car and get a quote as you will be charged for these on arrival. Check availability at your chosen pick up location before booking. Also check that the car seats will fit in the car you have chosen to rent especially if you require 3 seats.
Auto Europe have 9 categories of car to choose from.
- Mini (i.e. Ford Ka)– Ideal for 1 or 2 people and you are watching the pennies.
- Economy (i.e. Ford Fiesta) – Slightly bigger than the mini class but again only comfortable for 1 or 2 people.
- Compact (i.e. Ford Focus)– Ideal for 2 to 4 passengers
- Mid-size (i.e. Renault Laguna)– Basic family model
- Standard (i.e. Audi A4) – will fit 3 child booster seats in the back
- Full size (i.e. Ford Galaxy) – Larger family car (people carrier options in this class)
- Premium (i.e. Mercedes E Class) – Prestigious full size car
- Luxury (i.e. Mercedes SLK 200) – For special occasions
- Special – From scooters to camper vans
At Auto Europe we try our best to give you an all-inclusive quote for your car rental. However this is not always possible due to some local taxes having to be paid on arrival at your destination. Most car hire includes unlimited mileage but do check that this applies to your rental, especially in destinations such as Australia. Also things like snow chains and luggage racks have to be requested when booking your car but are paid for on arrival at your destination.
Collision Damage Waiver is included in the price of your car hire. It covers accidental damage to the car but not to tyres, underside or windscreen. You are also liable to pay any damages up to the excess amount. You can take out further insurance called Super Collision Damage Waiver which reduces the excess on your rental to zero. This means you do not have to leave a deposit on your credit card when picking up you car .